Making sure to partition the right disk(s)

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Jan 19 09:03:57 CET 2024

Hello all.

It's not too unusual that sometimes disks get recognized in a different
order across reboots.
How can I make sure I'm repartitioning the right disk and not another
one containing data? I can't find any way to bind some info about HDD to
"disk1" instead of "disk2".

If it's not currently supported, it shouldn't be too hard to add to
20-hwdetect.sh (I can do it and share the result, if someone is
interested). But if it's already supported, better to use the official
method. :)

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia