Making sure to partition the right disk(s)

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Fri Jan 19 09:25:25 CET 2024

Hi

On 1/19/24 09:03, Diego Zuccato wrote:
> How can I make sure I'm repartitioning the right disk and not another
> one containing data? I can't find any way to bind some info about HDD to
> "disk1" instead of "disk2".
>
> If it's not currently supported, it shouldn't be too hard to add to
> 20-hwdetect.sh (I can do it and share the result, if someone is
> interested). But if it's already supported, better to use the official
> method. :)

I'd also be interested in an "official" solution, we help ourselves with
a script which parses `lsblk` and tries to make the list stable. But as
is it stateless (kind of by necessity), it may or may not be 100% stable
after all.

Cheers

Carsten

PS: On that note, @MrFai is a ZFS extension for setup-storage planned?

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
Callinstraße 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany, Phone +49 511 762 17185