Create fai-cd for other architecture?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed Jan 25 13:04:44 CET 2023

Hello,

I've got an ARM64 server that doesn't do PXE properly, and (of course...)
I don't have a second ARM64 machine at hand to prepare a FAI CD.
The NFSROOT already exists.
Is it possible to run fai-cd on AMD64, with some setup/config tricks, to
create an ISO image that can be booted on the ARM machine, or do I have
to find something with the right architecture (a RasPi running Debian
probably would do)?

Thanks,

Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)
Am Mühlenberg 1 * D-14476 Potsdam-Golm * Germany
~~~
Fon: +49-331-567 7274
Mail: steffen.grunewald(at)aei.mpg.de
~~~