UEFI boot order, Re: Tip: Remote FAI install

Ingo Wichmann iw at linuxhotel.de
Mon Jan 23 13:04:34 CET 2023

Hi Thomas,

 > I wonder why the second machine has two LAN entries, because it's a
 > Thinkpad laptop with only one ethernet device.

my Tuxedo-Laptop also has two entries:
Boot0001* UEFI: PXE IP4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
and
Boot0002* UEFI: PXE IP6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

A ThinkPad on my desk also has two entries. From the out put of
efibootmgr -v you can't tell the difference. But when you boot, you can
choose between IPv4 and IPv6.

Ingo

--
Linuxhotel GmbH, Geschäftsführer Dipl.-Ing. Ingo Wichmann
HRB 20463 Amtsgericht Essen, UStID DE 814 943 641