Managing LVM + RAID install on a machine with EFI

Rémy Dernat remy.d1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:52:10 CET 2021

Thomas,

Ok, this is helpful. I found this blog :
https://terrydactyl10.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/centos-7-with-mdadm-software-raid-and-uefi-boot/

So here is my resulting disk_config file now :

# example of new config file for setup-storage
#

disk_config disk1 disklabel:gpt fstabkey:uuid bootable:1
primary - 500 - -
primary /boot/efi 1G vfat rw createopts="-F32"
primary swap 2G swap sw,pri=1
primary - 0- - -

#disk_config disk2 sameas:disk1
disk_config disk2 disklabel:gpt fstabkey:uuid
primary - 500 - -
primary /boot/efi2 1G vfat rw createopts="-F32"
primary swap 2G swap sw,pri=1
primary - 0- - -

disk_config raid disklabel:gpt fstabkey:uuid
raid1 /boot disk1.1,disk2.1 ext4 rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
raid1 - disk1.4,disk2.4 - -

disk_config lvm fstabkey:uuid
vg vg_system md1
vg_system-root / 40G-200G ext4 rw,noatime
vg_system-tmp /tmp 20G-50G ext4 rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev
vg_system-scratch /scratch 30%- ext2 rw,noatime
##vg_system-home /home 30%- ext4 rw,noatime,nosuid,nodev

Maybe I can try it now.

Best regards,