New fai Update seams to breaks my build.

Andreas Schockenhoff ASchockenhoff at gmx.de
Sat Mar 6 19:20:29 CET 2021

Hi,

Am 06.03.2021 um 18:16 schrieb Thomas Lange:
>      > I find the real problem fai-setup generates a /etc/exports
>      > file with newline in the export entry.
> This is bug 984602. See bugs.debian.org/984602
>
> I've made a change in fai-setup to determine the IP of the first
> interface, but this seems to fail with multiple interfaces
> Can you please provide the output of this command:
> ip -br ad show | awk '{print $3}'

yes that produce the wrong output.

127.0.0.1/8
192.168.33.250
> Which is the expected interface you want to use in /etc/exports?

ens3

My faiserver runs with fai-kvm and fai-mk-network.

fai-diskimage creates the fai-server, with this fai server I install a
new computer with gnome und fai und kvm that creates a fai-server with
fai-diskimage .... :-)

Unfortunately in the moment many things are quick and dirty.

I want to have a quick linux debug client like Finnix but instead of
live system I will have a quick reinstall over different ways .....

I started with FAIme and my old fai experience helped. :-)

> A workaround is to set the variable SERVERINTERFACE in
> /etc/fai/nfsroot.conf. See nfsroot.conf(5)

Because fai is so flexible I have more workarounds as I need. :-)

regards Andreas

mailto: ASchockenhoff at gmx.de