FAI with pre-release bullseye yielding inconsistent network names

Thomas Lange lange at cs.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jan 19 10:58:01 CET 2021

    > I found out that "udevadm trigger" is executed when doing the
    > inventory but not when doing the installation.
I found out, that I've added a patch after the release of 5.9.4 which
tries to get the interface name if udevadm info does not show the
name. It's this change:

https://github.com/faiproject/fai-config/commit/45a802ca5f0a7cc229edb4cedd1b22ab4f790ba4

Now we have two solutions for this problem. Add the patch above to
your config space or add a call to udevadm trigger for e.g. in the
beginning of scripts/DEBIAN/30-interface.