Package installation based on package priority

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Mar 30 11:09:19 CEST 2020

    > or if you mean a hook which would on-the-fly generate a
    > package_config/VAGRANT with the content being fed from
    > grep-aptavail --no-field-names --show-field Package
    > --field Priority --regex 'standard\|important'

I would choose this solution. Then the installation of all packages is
done in the same step.

I would use
PACKAGES install-norec
in package_config/VAGRANT so no recommends are installed for the list
of these packages.

Normally (during a network isntallation) the config space is
writeable. I'm not sure if this is always the case for a diskimage
creation. You can make a directory tree writeable by calling mkramdisk
<dirname> or by setting the var FAI_RAMDISKS.