Generating packages list to install via hook

Emmanuel Kasper emmanuel at libera.cc
Tue Mar 31 10:40:01 CEST 2020

Le 30/03/2020 à 11:09, Thomas Lange a écrit :

>     > or if you mean a hook which would on-the-fly generate a
>     > package_config/VAGRANT with the content being fed from
>     > grep-aptavail --no-field-names --show-field Package
>     > --field Priority --regex 'standard\|important'
>
> I would choose this solution. Then the installation of all packages is
> done in the same step.

so I wrote this hook
https://salsa.debian.org/cloud-team/debian-cloud-images/snippets/413

which is properly called by fai, but the problem is that $FAI_CONFIGDIR
is undefined in the environement where the hook script is running

is there any other way to access the config space ? (using $PWD would
work but it does not look like a super safe solution)

otherwise I am thinking of simply installing the needed packages
directly in the hook.

--
You know an upstream is nice when they even accept m68k patches.
  - John Paul Adrian Glaubitz, Debian OpenJDK maintainer