FAI create NFS root for Ubuntu Bionic

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 2 18:40:12 CEST 2019

    > I'm quite new to FAI. I try to setup a unattended PXE install with LUKS full disk encryption of Ubuntu Bionic. I already noticed that FAI doesn't want to work with systemd, but it seems I cannot fix it. When I remove systemd as part of nfsroot-hooks it produces an error:

    > It seems for me unattended Bionic installs are not possible with FAI or am I missing something?
It's possible when using a Debian nfsroot. Using a Ubuntu nfsroot
always had problems. When using a Debian nfsroot you need a Ubuntu
base file. Have a look at http://fai-project.org/download/basefiles

You can build a Debian nfsroot by changing
/etc/fai/apt/sources.list. Then use a Ubuntu template for the
sources.list file in you config space.