FAI create NFS root for Ubuntu Bionic

Florian Aßmann florian.assmann at xing.com
Tue Apr 2 17:48:27 CEST 2019

Hi there,

I'm quite new to FAI. I try to setup a unattended PXE install with LUKS full disk encryption of Ubuntu Bionic. I already noticed that FAI doesn't want to work with systemd, but it seems I cannot fix it. When I remove systemd as part of nfsroot-hooks it produces an error:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  init* libpam-systemd* systemd-sysv* ubuntu-minimal*
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  init systemd-sysv (due to init)
dpkg: error: failed to open package info file '/var/lib/dpkg/available' for reading: No such file or directory
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 560 kB disk space will be freed.
E: Sub-process dpkg --set-selections returned an error code (2)
E: Couldn't record the approved state changes as dpkg selection states

It seems for me unattended Bionic installs are not possible with FAI or am I missing something?

Best
_____

Florian Aßmann
Senior Developer
mailto:florian.assmann at xing.com

Join me on XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Florian_Assmann3

XING SE
Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
Tel. +49 40 419131-your phone extension, Fax +49 40 419131-11

Commercial Reg. (Registergericht): Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 148078
Exec. Board (Vorstand): Dr. Thomas Vollmoeller (Vorsitzender), Dr. Patrick Alberts, Alastair Bruce, Ingo Chu, Jens Pape
Chairman of the Supervisory Board (Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender): Stefan Winners

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and may be unlawful.