FAI create NFS root for Ubuntu Bionic

Robert Markula robert at markula.org
Tue Apr 2 21:56:09 CEST 2019

Am 02.04.19 um 18:40 schrieb Thomas Lange:
> It's possible when using a Debian nfsroot. Using a Ubuntu nfsroot
> always had problems. When using a Debian nfsroot you need a Ubuntu
> base file. Have a look at http://fai-project.org/download/basefiles
>
> You can build a Debian nfsroot by changing
> /etc/fai/apt/sources.list. Then use a Ubuntu template for the
> sources.list file in you config space.

Yes, Ubuntu 18.04 definately works. Like Thomas said, you just have to
use a Debian NFSroot, a Ubuntu 18.04 basefile and a Ubuntu sources.list.

I have successfully installed dozens of Ubuntu 18.04 systems using the
Debian NFSroot. Just make sure you're using the latest version of FAI.

Good luck,

Robert