FAI disk_config without partition table

Luboš Černý lubos.cerny at superhosting.cz
Wed Oct 10 12:47:11 CEST 2018

Hi Jan,

I guess that you are looking for something like this

disk_config vdc
raw-disk    /home   0    ext4   noatime,errors=remount-ro   createopts="-F"

The corresponding documentation is:
(https://fai-project.org/doc/man/setup-storage.html)
SYNTAX:
| raw-disk
/* for physical disks only: do not partition this disk, use it as-is */

CAVEATS:
If you use a raw partition, you should add -F to the createopts,
otherwise mkfs.ext4 hangs due to a warning message. See man mfs.ext4 for
more info on -F. An example config using a raw disk looks like this:
raw-disk / 4GB ext4 rw createopts="-F"

But this aproach is only usable if you are planning to use the disk as
whole.

--
S pozdravem / Best Regards,

Luboš