Adding ROS repos

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Mar 15 07:12:08 CET 2018

    > I am attempting to include the ROS repos to install packages from there on my
    > client. I added entries to /etc/fai/apt/sources.list. Am I mistaken? Also, can
    > I use the following command to add the keys?
That's the correct file you need to edit. Have a look at the log
files, if some other sources.list will be copied before starting
installing the packages.

    > sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://ha.pool.sks-keyservers.net:80 --recv-key 421C365BD9FF1F717815A3895523BAEEB01FA116
No, just download the key into a file for e.g. ROS.asc and put this
file into package_config/ROS.asc. FAI will the use it.

    > And I tried to run a bash script I wrote to download miniconda and run it to
    > install it, but even chmod +x responds with permission denied. Would it be
    > better for me to run these commands after the system boots for the first time?
maybe chmod a+rx

    > I apologize for these newbie questions. I am trying to learn how to work with
    > FAI (almost out of university).
No problem.