Adding ROS repos (Thomas Lange)

Davinder Chandhok davinder.sc1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 18:21:23 CET 2018

>That's the correct file you need to edit. Have a look at the log
>files, if some other sources.list will be copied before starting
>installing the packages.

So it seems that it does not find a class file with the correct
sources.list file and instead copies the sources.list from
/etc/apt/sources.list
"fcopy: no matching file for any class for etc/apt/sources.list defined"

I attempted to add the repository directly to /etc/apt/sources.list, but I
think then it will add this repo to the server also and then it fails to
add the key (even after installing dirmngr)

I searched the guide and could not find how to set up a sources.list file
based on a class name.

>No, just download the key into a file for e.g. ROS.asc and put this
>file into package_config/ROS.asc. FAI will the use it.

This seems to have worked fine, as the key is copied from my ROS.asc file.

    >> And I tried to run a bash script I wrote to download miniconda and
run it to
    >> install it, but even chmod +x responds with permission denied. Would
it be
   >> better for me to run these commands after the system boots for the
first time?
>maybe chmod a+rx

This resolved the permissions, but I now it does not access python or
conda. Maybe I don't have the right directory or path set?