/tmp not writable when booting from NFS

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Feb 14 10:45:44 CET 2017

    > But the fact is that my nfs on top of overlayfs does not start with the
    > message :

    > exportfs: /srv/fai/config does not support NFS export
Ack. I have the same error message on a stretch system, when building
an overlayfs with a local filesystem and a tmpfs on top of it using
overlayfs. When I try to export this combination, I get the same error
message. Maybe ask the overlayfs developers if NFS exports will be
possible in the future.

On a live CD you want to export the nfsroot, which does not need to be
writeable. So maybe copying the nfsroot to a location, which is not
affected by the overlayfs would be a solution. But it's not that easy,
since dracut puts an overlayfs on top of / in the FAI setup.