how does FAI know how to run debootstrap?

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 30 16:30:37 CEST 2015

During the install, FAI runs debootstrap. I am trying to install ubuntu
vivid. It's stopping at the point where it tries to run debootstrap with
the message  "undefined. Aborting".  I know how to configure debootstrap
for purposes of building the nfsroot and I know that works (obviously)
or it wouldn't get this far. In fact, I can type the debootstrap command
myself after it drops into the shell and it works.

Here are the relevant lines from the fai log. I researched the first 2
error messages (ftar and base.tgz) and I do not think they are critical
errors.

Calling task_extrbase
Unpacking Debian base archive
ftar: No matching class found in /var/lib/fai/config/basefiles//
No base.tgz found. Calling debootstrap.
  undefined. Aborting

--
John Heim, jheim at math.wisc.edu, skype:john.g.heim