Possible missing firmware rtl18168g-3.fw fo module r8169

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 3 19:44:07 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 05:32:39PM +0300, Toomas Tamm wrote:
> Does this happen while booting FAI, or when booting into the installed
> system?

If you're booting into the installed system, I have an outside
suggestion, replace your pxelinux.cfg/default with:

LABEL fai-generated
  MENU LABEL Boot from first hard drive
  COM32 chain.c32
  APPEND hd0

and put /srv/fai/nfsroot/usr/lib/syslinux/chain.c32 into /srv/tftp/fai .

The above says chain boot from the primary hard drive.

I found that the 'localboot 0' pxe directive wasn't supported properly
on some versions of bios I had and had to work around to chain load the
installed OS. Otherwise, I would end up with a hang right before I would
have expected the installed OS to boot.

Thank you.

-pete