packages avail during install

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Tue Jul 8 17:36:01 CEST 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-08 at 17:22 +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

> Automate everything. Write a shell script that calls fai-make-nfsroot
> and then the commands for adjusting your nfsroot or use
> the nfsroot hooks defined with NFSROOT_HOOKS. See man nfsroot.conf for
> more info.

Another option is a configuration management system, such as cfengine or
puppet. Having such a system in place will help with many other system
management tasks as well.

For historical reasons, I use cfengine 2 (please note that cfengine 3 is
incompatible with it), but if you have no existing management system
yet, I recommend looking at puppet as the first choice. There may be
other alternatives as well.

When I rebuild my nfsroots (I have 32 and 64 bits separate, since we
still have some 32-bit-only hardware) I only need to re-run "cfagent"
and it installs all necessary local customizations into appropriate
locations.

Toomas