packages avail during install

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 8 17:22:36 CEST 2014

>>>>> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 10:15:09 -0500, Peter Keller <psilord at cs.wisc.edu> said:

Please, do not cite all old mails if it's not necessary.

    > D) How do I manage an nfsroot effectively? I shouldn't make changes to
    > it so I can regenerate it easily, but I have to, so what's the best way
    > to manage this?
Automate everything. Write a shell script that calls fai-make-nfsroot
and then the commands for adjusting your nfsroot or use
the nfsroot hooks defined with NFSROOT_HOOKS. See man nfsroot.conf for
more info.

    > E) The fai-monitor daemon is the thing that disables the installation of
    > the client machine after it finishes installing
Yes and no. You can use the fai-monitor for that or the client logs
into the install server via ssh to call fai-chboot. The later is the default.

    >     Also, the fai-monitor protocol from the client is too weak and the
    > fai-monitor-gui's visualization gets garbled easily.
What do you mean by "garbled". It works very well for me.