packages avail during install

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 10 16:41:23 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 05:22:36PM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:
>     > the client machine after it finishes installing
> Yes and no. You can use the fai-monitor for that or the client logs
> into the install server via ssh to call fai-chboot. The later is the default.

Is one method better than the other?

>     >     Also, the fai-monitor protocol from the client is too weak and the
>     > fai-monitor-gui's visualization gets garbled easily.
> What do you mean by "garbled". It works very well for me.

Here is a screenshot:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~psilord/screenshot.png

It happens because I use -b on fai-monitor and it puts these lines into
the config file:

10.7.7.254:51578: Disabling pxelinux configuration for 10.7.7.254

which cause the rendering to get upset.

Thank you.

-pete