Setup_storage driving me nuts

Sven Schumacher schumacher at tfd.uni-hannover.de
Fri Apr 4 17:34:41 CEST 2014

Hello Geoff,

that seems to be to easy to solve, but we'll see:

6 primary partitions is for msdos-based partitioning to much, and even
gpt - I think - still has this limit of 4 primary partions.
So I would try:

disk_config /dev/sde disklabel:gpt bootable:1
primary /boot        1G      - -
primary /        100G     -    -
primary swap     32G      swap   sw
logical /usr        100G      -    -
logical  /var        100G     - -
logical /home        0-      - -

And you should specify which filesystem you want (4th parameter):
disk_config /dev/sde disklabel:gpt bootable:1
primary /boot        1G      ext4 -
primary /        100G     ext4    -
primary swap     32G      swap   sw
logical /usr        100G      ext4    -
logical  /var        100G     ext4 -
logical /home        0-      ext4 -

For your ssds you probably want to specify alignment: align-at=4k
                   | align-at:([[:digit:]]+[kKMGTPiB]*)
                   /* Align partitions at multiples of the given block
size (unit
                   defaults to MiB, if omitted). Such an alignment,
e.g., 4K, might be
                   important for proper performance of RAID arrays which
use a logical
                   block size other than the sector size of the
underlying disks. It
                   must, however, always be a multiple of this sector size.
                   */
as you can see in "man setup-storage", which is always a good choice, to
look at.
The same rules for your ssd: specify the needed filesystem

Have a nice weekend

Sven

--
Sven Schumacher - Systemadministrator Tel: (0511)762-2753
Leibniz Universitaet Hannover