FAI does not nfs mount my mirror

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Oct 21 17:02:36 CEST 2013

    > FAI_DEBMIRROR=192.168.1.250:/srv/hdd/debmirror/mirror MNTPOINT=/mnt/mirror
    > as kernel parameters the mirror is mounted to /target/mnt/mirror
    > correctly. I thought fai-make-nfsroot is supposed to use the values
    > given in fai.conf as defaults...

    > BTW: The same problem occurs with FAI_CONFIG_SRC. I also need to
    > explicitely specify this as a kernel parameter in the TFTP config space.
OK, I guess I know the problem. In the past fai.conf was copied from
/etc/fai into the nfsroot and used during installation. This is not
done any more by default.

You should define most variables in your config space in class/*.var.
Except for FAI_CONFIG_SRC which has to be defined very early. Use
fai-chboot -u for that. This does the same as providing this variable
as kernel parameter.