FAI does not nfs mount my mirror

Konrad, Martin konrad at frib.msu.edu
Mon Oct 21 19:34:00 CEST 2013

Hi Thomas,
> OK, I guess I know the problem. In the past fai.conf was copied from
> /etc/fai into the nfsroot and used during installation. This is not
> done any more by default.
>
> You should define most variables in your config space in class/*.var.
I can confirm that this solves my problem. But it seems I still need
these variables in fai.conf as well. If I remove them from fai.conf
fai-setup -f fails with a strange error complaining about a missing
Package file on my mirror while Package.gz and Package.bz are where they
should be (cf. attached file). So it seems this does not follow the DRY
principle.

It might be good idea to mention in the fai.conf man page that these
variables should go into the config space as well.

I have no idea what happens if the variables have different values in
fai.conf and the config space.

Thank you very much!

Martin

P.S.: BTW, the same probably applies to other variables (like
FAI_ROOTPW) as well.

--
Martin Konrad
Control System Engineer