FAI does not nfs mount my mirror

Konrad, Martin konrad at frib.msu.edu
Mon Oct 21 16:40:19 CEST 2013

Hi Thomas,
 > Do you get any error messages? Please check if FAI_DEBMIRROR is also
> defined during installation (check variables.log)
FAI_DEBMIRROR is not in variables.log on the installation system. But
this is weird: MNTPOINT is in there but with a wrong path! It says
"MNTPOINT=/media/mirror" whereas in my fai.conf it reads
"MNTPOINT=/mnt/mirror". I tried re-running "fai-setup -f" but it's still
the same...

When I add

FAI_DEBMIRROR=192.168.1.250:/srv/hdd/debmirror/mirror MNTPOINT=/mnt/mirror

as kernel parameters the mirror is mounted to /target/mnt/mirror
correctly. I thought fai-make-nfsroot is supposed to use the values
given in fai.conf as defaults...

BTW: The same problem occurs with FAI_CONFIG_SRC. I also need to
explicitely specify this as a kernel parameter in the TFTP config space.

Regards,

Martin

--
Martin Konrad