update to wheezy / r8169 card

Bob Apodaca bob at phxlab.honeywell.com
Mon Jul 29 17:55:11 CEST 2013

Two things for you to check:

1. Perhaps a firmware issue, on Debian I found a package named
"firmware-realtek".

2. I have several systems with 2 network cards and there is an
approximately 2 minute time-out when the second network card is not
connected to a network where it can grab an address.  If this is your
situation, you can ignore the other network card with an option similar to:

ip=eth0:dhcp

in your boot configuration.

Bob