update to wheezy / r8169 card

Michał Dwużnik michal.dwuznik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 14:44:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a big leap to wheezy on my stations.

The faisrv itself is upgraded to wheezy,
I checked booting and installing squeeze from wheezy server, everything
went fine for the test stations.

Installs on dell optiplex 3010 machines were smooth (r8169 network card I
was a bit worried about...).

After that I decided to try on a new nfsroot, built for wheezy install on
the stations

Having built the nfsroot I find stations correctly booting from tftp with
kernel 3.2

(pxelinux file is
default fai-generated

label fai-generated
kernel vmlinuz-3.2.0-4-amd64
append initrd=initrd.img-3.2.0-4-amd64 ip=dhcp  root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=/srv/fai/nfsroot aufs nfsopts=-onfsvers=3
)

Kernel boots ok, initrd seems OK

The boot process  apparently stops when trying to reconfigure the network
adapter
r8169...
'eth0 link is up'

and this does not proceed to the later stages.

Any hints on that?

Regards
Michal

--