make FAI refuse to wipe out /home iff files exist

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 26 19:52:02 CEST 2012

    > I would like to set up my FAI installation to crash or just stop if and only
    > if there are files in /home on the original disk.
Hi John,

you can use a hook for that, before task partition is called. First use
fai-mount-disk -f
for mounting the local disk according to the fstab. Then check if
there are files in $target/home. If files are found, stop the
installation, otherwise call fai-mount-disk -u to umount the local
file systems and go on with the installation.

--
best regards Thomas