Network interfaces file in NFSROOT

David Dreezer dave at socialstrata.com
Fri Feb 24 21:52:07 CET 2012

Why an nfs hook?  The nfs root doesn't change install to install. I can't remember rebuilding my nfs root at all in the last months. Why not simply edit that into your $NFSROOT/etc/network/interfaces and be done with it? It may well be ignored though, as you already have an interface before the NFSROOT is even mounted.

Or

Are you asking how to add this line to the finished server, as installed server by FAI?

If that is the case I have in $FAICONFIG/scripts/debian/ a 20-interfaces script that creates the /etc/network/interfaces file. Cannot remember if that is default FAI or not as it has been a long while since we built our FAI install. If it is not I can provide the for you to edit as you need.

David Dreezer