OT: dpkg hangs unpacking

Carsten Aulbert Carsten.Aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Fri Feb 10 09:26:40 CET 2012

Hi

On Friday 10 February 2012 09:15:05 Natxo Asenjo wrote:

> This has been working great for over 3 years now. But since I have
> started bootstrapping squeeze hosts, the system hangs after the first
> reboot unpacking a specific package, snmpd.

Any error messages? Or does it just hang? Maybe it's waiting for input, i.e.
it spawned some interactive part which is now waiting. If you can log into the
box you might see subprocesses of dpkg.

May I ask why this package is unpacked/installed AFTER the reboot? Wouldn't it
be better if this was done by FAI?

Cheers
carsten