FAI 4.0.3 for Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 17:31:54 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Thomas Lange
<lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

>     > Thomas, can you please give me a pointer about how dracut is
>     > integrated in fai-make-nfsroot?
> It's just a Debian package which is installed into the nfsroot.
> Adding the option aufs to the kernel command line activated the aufs
> dracut module which calls /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/90aufs/aufs-mount.sh
>
>     > where to decide if aufs or overlayfs
>     > is to be used for nfsbooting?
> This could be done manually by defining overlayfs (instead of aufs) on
> the kernel command line, or automatically by grepping
> /proc/filesystems and checking if overlayfs is supported.

Ah, now I see it. By default, all modules are unconditionally copied
in. The aufs module has a breaker at the very beginning and gets only
activated if it finds 'aufs' on the cmdline. Now it starts making
sense to me.

thanks for the clarification.

--
regards,