FAI 4.0.3 for Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 21 17:12:15 CEST 2012

    > Thomas, can you please give me a pointer about how dracut is
    > integrated in fai-make-nfsroot?
It's just a Debian package which is installed into the nfsroot.
Adding the option aufs to the kernel command line activated the aufs
dracut module which calls /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/90aufs/aufs-mount.sh

    > where to decide if aufs or overlayfs
    > is to be used for nfsbooting?
This could be done manually by defining overlayfs (instead of aufs) on
the kernel command line, or automatically by grepping
/proc/filesystems and checking if overlayfs is supported.