Subject: Wheezy nfsroot / FAI 4.0.3

Sven Ulland sveniu at opera.com
Mon Aug 20 16:17:06 CEST 2012

On 08/20/2012 04:07 PM, Brian Kroth wrote:
> All that said, I still had to apply this patch to get the aufs
> mounting order stuff to work out correctly:

I worked around this by simply specifying mount option nfsvers=3 on
in the pxe config (no authoritative sources of aufs/nfsv4/kernel bugs
on this, sorry!). So the full line would be:

label fai-generated
kernel vmlinuz-3.2.0-3-amd64
append initrd=initrd.img-3.2.0-3-amd64 ip=dhcp aufs
root=nfs:1.1.1.1:/srv/fai/nfsroot-amd64-wheezy:nfsvers=3
FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,reboot FAI_ACTION=install

This and the fai-make-nfsroot patch in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=682013#20 seems to be
all I needed to get a plain wheezy fai server installed and ready for
installing wheezy clients.

sven