problems with ignoring a lvm on secondary disk.

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Sep 2 10:33:28 CEST 2011

Hi Florian,

[...]
> Now the problem is, that when users have setup a lvm on disk sdb fai
> detects this lvm, at first seems to ignore it, but later tries to create
> that exact lvm again on the system, although its not configured anywhere.
>
> A debugging log is attached.
>
> The question is: bug or misconfiguration?

[...]

Thanks a lot for providing such detailed information. This is definitively a
bug; yet I wonder which version of FAI you might be using? Looking at your debug
log, this trace cannot be produced by setup-storage from 3.4.8, unless I'm
missing something. May I ask you to re-run this installation using 3.4.8?

Thanks a lot,