Using Linux kernel 3.1.0 with FAI

Toomas Tamm tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee
Fri Nov 25 17:40:54 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 14:15 +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> you can now use a Linux 3.1 kernel with FAI easily, if you need a more
> recent kernel than the default kernel of Debian squeeze. Since the
> grml project builds kernel packages for i386 and amd64, we can now use
> them during installation and for the new system.

I might give it a try. However, I am not familiar with the grml security
policy. Do they incorporate security fixes into kernels as these come
out? For Debian stable, a patched kernel is released every now and then,
but grml is apparently well ahead of "stable".

How frequently do they issue security fixes for their kernels, and when
they do, do you plan to adapt these for FAI?

--
Toomas Tamm <tt-fai at kky.ttu.ee>