/dev/md1 is already in use. SW raid

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri May 13 01:28:05 CEST 2011

Hi David,

[...]
> The server doesn't completely reboot when it is finished installing however. The libata.force=noncq kernel flag never does get permanently set and I'm not sure how to go about doing that with Grub2 and FAI. So, while I do have a server that is now properly installing while using the NTFS kernel and the FAI flags, I don't yet have a computer that will run on it's own.

[...]

Sorry, I had completely forgotten about this issue. Have you possibly already
fixed it in the time being? To be honest, I don't have a ready-made solution
either, but it will all boil down to either installing a custom grub.cfg (using
fcopy) or modifying the generated one using a script.

If you can't figure it out yourself, maybe start a fresh thread on linux-fai
talking about the grub2 issue only. I just so much fear that those knowledgeable
in grub2 might be ignoring this thread as it was initially all about
setup-storage :-)

Sorry again,