/dev/md1 is already in use. SW raid

David Dreezer dave at socialstrata.com
Tue May 3 18:40:37 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the incomplete response. By "this worked" I do indeed mean that the server installed properly and with no errors.

The server doesn't completely reboot when it is finished installing however. The libata.force=noncq kernel flag never does get permanently set and I'm not sure how to go about doing that with Grub2 and FAI. So, while I do have a server that is now properly installing while using the NTFS kernel and the FAI flags, I don't yet have a computer that will run on it's own.

But getting the array working is a giant step in the right direction.

David Dreezer
Customer Advocate, Social Strata, Inc.

Online Community HQ Since 1996
Hoop.la · LiveCloud · Eve Community