setup-storage issues ...

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed May 11 11:11:33 CEST 2011

Hi all,

> On 05/10/11 19:20, Sylvain Milot wrote:
> >I then tried the experimental version - version 4.0~beta2+experimental60 at the time
> >and this worked quite nicely. I then recently rebuilt my NFSROOT with the latest experimental
> >version and it now complains about overflow. The behavior is the same whether I use
> >preserve_always or preserve_lazy BTW.
>
> We decided to stay at 4.0~beta2+experimental68, since that was the
> first experimental that was working for us and we didn't want to
> track experimental and risk breaking installations. We also saved
> the 4.0~beta2+experimental68 packages since they are removed every
> time a new experimental is uploaded.

[...]

Given that 3.4.8 has been released which includes all the bugfixes up to
experimental68 and several more, it might be good for all production systems to
go for that version, although further testing will definitively required to rule
out problems such as those described by Sylvain. As a plus, this version also
won't disappear from the (Debian) mirrors :-)

Best regards,