chboot sub disable question/issue

David Dreezer dave at socialstrata.com
Wed Mar 9 20:21:32 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

> I don't really see why the option with dashes would be much more readable, but
> that's probably just a matter of taste. But as you favour that one, a hook for
> the chboot task is probably the most viable option; changing the code in either
> task_chboot or fai-chboot would affect way too many users for whom their setup
> would be broken, I think.

I have no problem losing the dashes, it was going to a format such as 0A07045B that would make it more difficult.  However, my questions yet remains, if the PXE booted machine is asking for

Mar  8 17:42:30 mg006 in.tftpd[9529]: RRQ from 10.7.4.91 filename fai/pxelinux.cfg/01-00-30-48-72-64-64

how is it going to work if my file is named fai/pxelinux.cfg/01003048726464?

I don't think that it will. The file on my tftp server needs to match what the computer is asking for. Yes?

Thanks,

David Dreezer