chboot sub disable question/issue

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Mar 9 20:14:09 CET 2011

[...]
> If we name the files without the 01 and without the dash pxe will not ask for them.  If we name them in the form of 0A07045B they are not immediately human readable. Mac address, with 01 and the dashes, are the only practical option. Anything else is less usable, I believe.

I don't really see why the option with dashes would be much more readable, but
that's probably just a matter of taste. But as you favour that one, a hook for
the chboot task is probably the most viable option; changing the code in either
task_chboot or fai-chboot would affect way too many users for whom their setup
would be broken, I think.

Best,