PACKAGES remove

Thilo Uttendorfer t.uttendorfer at linux-ag.com
Wed Jun 29 17:53:49 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a problem concerning "PACKAGES remove" in package_config files. I want
some packages to be removed, lets say p1, p2 and p3. This works as expected
as long as the mirror knows about all these packages. But if the mirror does
not include one of these packages (which makes sense because I don't want to
install them), I get the error "E: Couldn't find package p1". The problem is,
that apt-get in this case won't uninstall p2 or p3 either, even if the mirror
knows about these packages. I have this problem especially on CD-installs
where you usually don't have a complete mirror.

My workaround for now is to add a "aptitude-remove"-command to
install_packages because aptitude does not stop if one of the packages does
not exist. Look at the attached patch. It's a dpatch, but you can easily
extract the "regular" patch.

Anyone else have this problem and maybe a smarter solution?

Best regards,

--
Thilo Uttendorfer
Linux Information Systems AG

Fon: +49 89 993412-11, Fax: +49 89 993412-99
t.uttendorfer at linux-ag.com, http://www.linux-ag.com