Software RAID + LVM2

Fredrik Eriksson fredrik.eriksson at axis.com
Thu Feb 10 16:11:51 CET 2011

On 02/08/11 13:21, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> I think this problem should be solvable by installing mdadm on the system,
> because this only will trigger adding md support in the initrd. Mind adding
> mdadm to a suitable package_config/* file and retry?

We actually had that in our package_config/HD_SW_RAID, but missed that
since we have other names for our test classes. Fixed that now, but it
doesn't solve the issue since the only situation where we manage to
preserve vg0-home and install a system it still doesn't manage to
install GRUB.

I've tried your other suggestions, but still no go.

I'll send you a private mail with the fai.log from a failed installation
with the class/ script you suggested.

Kind regards
--
Fredrik