Software RAID + LVM2

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Feb 8 13:21:43 CET 2011

Hi again,

So hopefully this is the last subthread that I'll have to spawn; Fredrik, if I
missed something please let me know.

[...]
> >What is it that gives these messages, is it grub? I think it would help me a lot
> >if you could send along the full fai.log; you might want to send that in private
> >mail, though.
> This is after grub since it does load the kernel and the initial
> ramdisk prior to that message, but I'll write a more detailed output
> of what is printed after grub

[...] (very nice error description)

I think this problem should be solvable by installing mdadm on the system,
because this only will trigger adding md support in the initrd. Mind adding
mdadm to a suitable package_config/* file and retry?

Hope this helps,