local hard disk boot after installation

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Dec 29 13:51:38 CET 2011

    > After the installation I would like to make FAI to boot the local hard
    > disk on _server_ side, not touching the (presumably quite remote) host

    > I mean -> host is initially setup for PXE boot, FAI takes over the
    > installation process, finishes quite ok with minor warnings
    > How should I proceed to make FAIserver consider this machine as, let's
    > say, 'installed correctly' so it can still be setup for PXE boot, BUT
    > receive PXE config which effectively boots the local hard disk.
This is normally done by fai.
You have to call fai-chboot -o default once on the install
server. Then the installation client will call task chboot to disable
its own pxe configuration. During the next boot it will the the PXE
configuration (craeted by fai-chboot -o default) that will cause the
client to boot from local disk.