Solved: Moving from 32bit FAI server to a 64bit Server best practice?

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Fri Aug 26 18:09:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 26.08.2011, 18:39 +0300 schrieb Toomas Tamm:
> I have successfully installed a 64-bit squeeze host off a 32-bit lenny
> FAIserver via the following procedure:
I have done it also. And it was not so much pain as I thought.

On a virtual 64bit debian system I installed fai. Make the nfsroot with
fai-setup. Copied with tar nfsroot and 64bit kernels from /src/tftp/fai
back to my 32bit faiserver.

Some minor corrections in this nfsroot in fai.conf und sources.list
and it worked.

Thanks again for all help.

regards Andreas