not booting from disk

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sat Apr 16 09:29:52 CEST 2011

Hi again,

[...]
> > The solution should be as follows:
>
> > - Rename your hook to partition.DB-server.source
> > - As a result, your hook will not be executed in a subshell, but will
> > be sourced
> > instead.
> > - At the very end add (possibly with a sleep or more correctly a call
> > udevsettle in between) a call to set_disk_info. This is a built-in
> > routine of
> > FAI that will properly set the variable disklist, which is then used
> > by
> > setup-storage.
>
> sounds like a great work-arround! thanks! will try later today. let you kjnow whether it works or not.

I wouldn't even call it a workaround - it's just proper integration of your hook
with the way FAI works in this particular step. But yes, please let us know
whether this works for your or you stumble upon further problems, which I'd be
eager to get fixed ASAP.

Best regards,
Michael

PS.: The particular problem you were having should be properly caught by an
error pointing you to $disklist in all future experimental releases, I just
committed a fix.