not booting from disk

Alexander Swen alex at swen.nu
Sun Apr 17 13:23:20 CEST 2011

I wouldn't even call it a workaround - it's just proper integration of your hook

> with the way FAI works in this particular step. But yes, please let
> us know
> whether this works for your or you stumble upon further problems,
> which I'd be
> eager to get fixed ASAP.

(this is in grub-pc/10-setup)
still no lock, grub-probe crashes telling me "cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/vg_system/lv_boot"

mkdevicemap command creates /target/boot/grub/device.map with four drives (hd0-3) pointing to /dev/disk/by-id/cciss-#################

however, when I do $ROOTCMD grub-install --no-floppy "(hd0)" no error is reported.

(further testing in progress)

regards,
Alex