the multi-nic issue...

Alexander Swen alex at swen.nu
Thu Apr 7 15:27:42 CEST 2011

Hi Xavier,

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----

> Hi,

> I observed the same issue (situation 1) with servers with two nics
> connected to the same lan.
> After reading the script /scripts/live-premount/select_eth_device
> from initrd I tried to set live-netdev=eth0 on kernel cmdline and
> this does the trick for me.

> Hope this will help.

Thanks for your answer, it seems to help. (I've put that live-netdev=eth0 in the kernel line pxelinux.cfg/ip)
one interesting error regarding this thing was logged in the first few lines of fai.log:
/usr/lib/fai/subroutines: line 674: export: 'live-netdev=eth0':not a valid identifier
don't know if that a problem...

if this really is the solution (or at least workarround) for the multi-nic problem, shouldn't this be mentioned anywhere in the fai documentation? (although it is a fix for live-linux-whatever it's called)

regards!

Alex