fai and cryptsetup

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sun Sep 26 16:35:17 CEST 2010

> Hi Michael,
>
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 04:16:07PM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> > The problem with your patch most probably were the missing pre- and
> > postconditions that push_command requires for later sorting the commands
> > according to dependencies.
>
> ah! Well, it was mostly a quick-hack without fully understanding
> what I'm doing.
>
> > But using the proper cryptsetup command lines from
> > your patch I've tried to fix it: Could you re-test using
> > 4.0~beta2+experimental18? Should now be available for download.
>
> I'm already on it. Saw your commit on IRC, fai install is just running,
> seems good so far but I'm unsure at the removeKey stage. In my last
> tests it basically took forever and I don't know why (I think there is
> no reason for it, but eventually I just have to be more patient).

My first guess would be that it is waiting for some input (maybe some YES?) that
just isn't coming in? If you're running in debug mode, you could probably kill
the cryptsetup command from another console, then you should see the output it
had meanwhile produced in the log. Hmmm, you probably could also look at some
temporary files, stdout and stderr is being redirected to temporary files.

Best,