fai and cryptsetup

Patrick Schoenfeld patrick.schoenfeld at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 16:19:33 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 04:16:07PM +0200, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> The problem with your patch most probably were the missing pre- and
> postconditions that push_command requires for later sorting the commands
> according to dependencies.

ah! Well, it was mostly a quick-hack without fully understanding
what I'm doing.

> But using the proper cryptsetup command lines from
> your patch I've tried to fix it: Could you re-test using
> 4.0~beta2+experimental18? Should now be available for download.

I'm already on it. Saw your commit on IRC, fai install is just running,
seems good so far but I'm unsure at the removeKey stage. In my last
tests it basically took forever and I don't know why (I think there is
no reason for it, but eventually I just have to be more patient).

Regards,
Patrick